Yes! This is possible, and I must say this is really amazing! :D
Let me tell you first why I start this project.
- I want to use node.js with everyday life. Why? because I loved it and I don't want to use wordpress anymore because I want my freedom, and the freedom that I'm talking about is the freedom of doing anything that I want on my blog. Wordpress is no longer a blogging system, but it is now an operating system (quoted from tryghost.org).
Anyway, I don't think you are here to listen to my story, but let me tell you how I'm writing this blog post using
Sublime Text 2 and it is written using Markdown :D
What you need
- You will need Sublime Text 2
- After you have installed Sublime Text 2. You will need Package Manager in Sublime Text 2 Follow this guide on how to install Package Manager on Sublime Text 2
- After you have installed the Package Manager, and now you will to install "Sublpress". Press CMD+SHIFT+P (Ctrl+Shift+P on Windows) To Bring up the Dropdown and find "Package Control".
- Search for "SublPress". Install and you may have to restart your "Sublime Text 2" once.
- Now bring up the dropdown again and search for "WP" and you will see something like this:
- You will have an option to "Connect to site" for the first time and it will asks you to put your site URL, username and password.
If you want to publish using Markdown you can simply install this plugin. Markdown on Save Improved .
Now happy posting :D
Subscribe to Ali Al Dallal's Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox